I am an Assistant Professor for International Political Economy at the European Institute of the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). I study EU trade and investment policy and international regulatory cooperation.
- Forthcoming: ‚Why dejudicialize? Explaining state preferences on judicialization in WTO DSB and ISDS reform‚, Regulation & Governance.
- New: Join us for the conference ‚Is the EU’s China policy sustainable?‘ and my talk on the EU-China Comprehensive Agreement on Investment (CAI) at Chatham House, 13 July 2021.
- New: Putting the China-EU investment agreement in perspective – and assessing the lessons for the UK, EUROPP blog.
- New: The EU’s International Investment Policy: The Policy-Making Implications of Unintended Competence Transfers, Journal of Common Market Studies.
- New: EU Trade and Non-Trade Objectives: New Survey Evidence on Policy Design and Effectiveness (with Yildrim, A., Fiorini, M., Hoekman, B.), Journal of Common Market Studies.
- New: The Achmea Judgment and the Applicability of the Energy Charter Treaty in Intra-EU Investment Arbitration, Journal of International Economic Law (cited by European Court of Justice in C-741/19 Moldova v Komstroy).
- New: Good Regulatory Practices and International Trade, in Hoekman, B., Francois, J., Behind the Border Policies – Assessing and Addressing Non-Tariff Measures, Cambridge University Press.
- New: House of Commons, Trade Select Committee, oral evidence on UK international investment policy after Brexit, 27 February 2019.
„The EU in the Global Investment Regime – Commission entrepreneurship, incremental institutional change and business lethargy“, Routledge/UACES Contemporary Studies Series, Routledge, London.